Waterways, including oceans, rivers and lakes, adjoin property across NSW. The beds of most tidal waters and non-tidal waters include Crown land.
Over time, these physical water boundaries can change from natural causes such as erosion. This means the current land title may not necessarily reflect the location of the actual boundary. You can complete a water boundary determination if you plan to subdivide or develop the land.
Apply for a water boundary determination
- Download the Tidal water boundary determination application form (PDF 808KB)
- Download the Non-Tidal water boundary consent application form (PDF 238KB)
- Visit the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information website (BOSSI) to find a registered surveyor to conduct an assessment on the boundary.
- The surveyor will submit the application form, payment and appropriate plans and report, which shows the proposed boundary change.
- We’ll communicate directly with the surveyor to discuss the application.