Crown Lands

Financial assistance

We understand that sometimes things don't always go to plan. Depending on your circumstances we can provide a range of concessions to help you to meet your financial obligations.

Financial assistance concessions

We understand at times our account holders experience financial hardship impacting on their ability to pay their account on time. We encourage you to contact us early to discuss your circumstances and eligibility for assistance.
Some options that may be available to you are:

Instalment plans - an agreement for repayments to be made over a specified term
Postponement - an agreement for payment to be made at a later date

Financial assistance concessions can be requested by submitting a Financial assistance application (PDF, 262 KB) , with supporting documentation where required.

To enquire further about these concessions, please contact us by:

View our Debt management policy (PDF, 268 KB) and Guideline (PDF, 398 KB).

Billing frequency changes

You may request a change to the original billing date that will permanently change the due date for future payments of rent. For example, you may wish to be invoiced quarterly rather than annually.

Billing frequency changes can be requested by submitting a Billing frequency change application (PDF, 192 KB) and must be submitted at least eight weeks before the date you want the changes to be effective.

To enquire further about this option, please contact us by:


Rebates and waivers

Rebates or waivers from rent are available to individuals and organisations who meet certain eligibility criteria.

View our Financial concessions policy (PDF, 577 KB) and Guideline (PDF, 529 KB) for more information about eligibility.

To apply for a rebate, complete and return the application form that matches your circumstances. The application forms are below.
Waivers are considered on a case by case basis.

To enquire further about any of these concessions, please contact us by:

Community groups and registered clubs


The community groups rebate supports organisations or groups whose primary purpose is to provide services or facilities for the general community, or their members, or users.

The registered clubs rebate gives a financial concession to clubs that are registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976 and fall within the revenue thresholds outlined in the above policy.

Download the Community groups and registered clubs application form (PDF, 200 KB).

Eligible pensioner


If you are an eligible pensioner who occupies your holding as your sole place of residence (or as an adjunct to that place of residence) and your holding is not used for any commercial purpose, you can apply for a rent rebate. Eligible pensioners are defined within the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (clause 134)

Download the Eligible pensioner application form (PDF, 168 KB).

Rural Western Lands Leases—rehabilitation


If you are carrying out rehabilitation works on your rural Western Lands leasehold, you may be eligible to receive a rebate on your rent. Rebates are granted for the duration of the rehabilitation agreement approved by the department.

Download the Rural Western Lands leases—rehabilitation application form (PDF, 141KB).

Local councils


A local council whose holdings are used to provide facilities or services for the benefit of the general community, without charge or with only a token fee, may be entitled to a rebate on rent. This does not include those tenures used and occupied by councils for their general operational business, such as works depots and quarries.

Download the Local councils application form (PDF, 181 KB).

Communication licences


The government has adopted Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) recommendations for rebates for specified user groups that occupy communication sites located on Crown land. The eligibility and exclusions for these rebates are explained in the Guideline – Crown land financial concessions.

Download the Communication licences application form (PDF, 103KB).


The department may refund a previous payment, in whole or part. We will consider a refund at the request of the account holder but will generally only issue a refund where no other amounts are payable on related accounts.

To request a refund, please contact us by:


2022 NSW Floods – Flood support for Crown land users

Visit our flood information for Crown land lease, licence and permit holders page to find out what steps to take if you have been affected by the 2022 NSW floods.

Flood information for Crown land lease, licence and permit holders